Friday, August 18, 2006

My life starts here...

18th August:

Decided to go for a real blog thing, people can keep track of how I'm doing if they want to, but my main reason was for me to continue writing, and expressing through words, which is something I have always enjoyed and wish to continue.

Yesterday was the 17th of August and the A level results day. I hasd always said that I would be worried about it, but the night before, i had to admit, i was a little scared, I can't explain fully why, maybe it had something to do with it being the "end" of what I had known for pretty much all my life. I received a letter that morning confirmning my place for a university, so I had obviously hit the requirements. this iwas a HUGE load off my back, so I just went up to school to see my old friends, some teachers and to see how well (or badly :-P) I had done.

The brown envolope was passed to me.
English Literature: A
PE: C
Psychology: D

I was extremely pleased, i thought I'd have failed Psych, but I didnt, so yeay! Good results, head held high and in a dazed confusion, but why?? Nobody seemed fussed, or excited, or upset, or scared... it was just another day. It didnt really hit me until I got home. Some people I will now NEVER see again, I will NEVER go back to the School to learn anything, and In the next month I COULD be going to University.

And so the dillema had come, what the hell am I going to do with my life?? I have a good opportunity on several fronts, so what do I choose? My parkour and training this year has been up and down, but as of late, opportunites have been opening up, with, I must say, thanks for Worldwidejam, and Brad Wendes. I have a position in the street team which I hope will open up various opportunities, and hopefully doing all I want to do, carry on training, and bettering myself, and passing on what I have learnt in my years of practicing parkour and movement.

This morning I could have cried... who am I and what am I doing? I seriously had'nt a clue, this is the start of my life, what I will more than likely do for the rest of my life. Uni, to study English lit and philosophy, or keep training, put uni on hold for a year, and see what I can do to kickstart a life and hopefully a career. I was asking round, but it came down to me.

I have defered my place to Hertfordshire until next year if all fails, I will train as I have done, bettering myself physically and mentally, and doing all I can to achieve my goals and to live a full life, which, even if I do say so myself, is a wise and honourable thing to do and aspire for. Doing what you love.
I will do all I can and face any barriers that fall in front of me, and I will pass them, overcome them and I will succeed, I must.



---

A seperate note, the nights have been really strange recently, just been getting down at night for some reason. Hopefully it'll ease up, learning about who I am over the next year and doing what I love, moving.

No comments: