Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sprained Ankle Recovery Blog. Day 1.

Last night, about 10:15, sideflipping of a horse at Erith, been fine with the movement all night, but for some reaosn, went too far over. All my weight nto my right foot rolling inwards.

Hurt like hell at the time, alot more than the time over a year ago the same ankle went. (again in a gym - I swear im safer on streets and concrete).

I was given a Ice Pack which i kept on for about 10 mins before I had to leave, and my aim was to keep walking to make sure it didnt seize up on the 40 minute journey home.

The gym instructor said to get a very hot bath to relax my ankle in, so I did when I got home.

Here's my ankle at home an hour later.





As you can see it's farily swollen after an hour.

Well, today I went to the hospital as my foot hurt alot this morning, and it was fairly swollen, X-Ray said there wasn't a brake, but compared to another time I sprained an ankle this is worse.

The exrcises the hospital gave me to do is the same as before I'll scan in the execrices tomorrow, for I'll be keeping my foot elevated, iced, as well as doing these exercises.

Day One.




What can I do today:

1. Just about walk, hurts alot, more of a hobble than walking really.
2. Plantar and dorsi flexion, about 3 inches of movement.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.